Search

Open Call for Choreographers 2021/2022

Updated: May 11



CONTEXT

Starting from the 2020/2021 season, selected participants from our post secondary training program can work with guest choreographers. For the 2021/2022 season, we invite choreographers focusing on contemporary dance or interdisciplinary works to contact us.

Resident choreographers work with our students for 1-4 weeks, 3-5 hours a day in our Budapest studio. The project is concluded with a demonstration of the piece.


FINANCING

Payment to the choreographers is defined per residency duration and professional experience. Choreographers receive 85% of the income that comes from the students' participation fee. The remaining 15% (or maximum 100 EUR/week) is given to the studio. Besides, we can provide you with an invitation/supporting letter to help you to secure additional funding to fully cover your costs (travel, accommodation). Furthermore, in case there is a call in Hungary, we will also apply, but we cannot guarantee the positive result.


APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS

The applicant needs to

  • be minimum 18 years old

  • have at least one year of professional experience

  • fill out the Google Form (see below)

  • submit the application at least two months before starting the residency


APPLICATION

Please fill out the form below. Besides basic information, you will be asked to write shortly about your professional experience (max. 300 words) and the project you want to realize with us (max. 300 words).


https://forms.gle/73hzZu4Z7enHCJDD6




217 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

SELFMAPS: two performances on 31 July 2021

The upcoming two performances of Selfmaps are taking place in Kiscelli Museum. The event is part of the Cultural Night of Óbuda program series, which unites museums in the Óbuda region of Budapest to